Bishop’s House

Bishop’s House
Iona, Ireland Iona,
Get Directions


Retreat centre rooted on Iona’s shores since 1894. Originally named St. Columba’s House, it has been welcoming guests for over a century and is the oldest retreat house on the island.

The beautiful Columba chapel in the heart of Bishop’s House welcomes people of all faiths and those who are “spiritual but not religious,” providing round-the-clock space for contemplative practice. Overlooking the sea and a short walk to Iona Abbey makes Bishop House the ideal spiritual base for pilgrims to learn from one another and the island.